Wireless IFB (interruptible fold back) systems are used for talent cueing and crew communications in broadcast and motion picture production. In other cases, the IFB system is used by directors and other management to monitor program audio during a production. The IFB PRC-2 receiver provides simplicity and flexibility in a package that is intuitive for untrained users to operate.
The default frequency of the receiver is set by two rotary switches on the side panel. Up to five additional frequencies can also be programmed into the receiver memory using the scan mode.
The design uses +/-20 kHz FM deviation for efficient use of the bandwidth, with compandor noise reduction circuitry for an excellent signal to noise ratio.
The receiver will drive a wide variety of earbuds, headphones and induction neck loops at substantial levels, with loads from 16 Ohms to 600 Ohms.
The receiver is housed in a rugged machined aluminum package. A spring-loaded belt clip provides a secure mounting on a wide variety of belts, pockets and fabrics.
• Preset (default) frequency can be set without power or transmitter signal
• Frequency agile with 256 frequencies
• Scan mode stores up to five additional frequencies
• Multi-color LED and rotary control for programming and operation
• High sensitivity for extended operating range indoors or outdoors
• Rugged machined aluminum housing
• Spring-loaded belt clip
• Attached battery door
• 8 hours battery life (alkaline)
• 20 hours battery life (lithium)
NOTE: This product is not approved for sale in Europe.