The Tempest CM-222 is a 2-channel 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital wireless intercom BaseStation. The front panel LCD display provides real time status including attery monitoring of active beltbacks and easy access to the hardwire intercom settings and levels. Each BaseStation is capable of Call and Remote Mic Kill.
The CM-222 BaseStation connections include a 2-wire interface with M/F 3-pin XLR loop thru and one 4-wire RJ45 port per channel. The 2-wire interface is compatible with Clear-Com,® RTS,® and Telex® intercom systems, and includes n auto-null circuit.
Expandability Utilizing the Tempest system’s TDMA technology and proprietary ZSync synchronization, up to 11 CM-222 BaseStations and 55 full-duplex wireless BeltStations (in Normal Mode) can be used simultaneously. By switching to Shared or Split Mode, an unlimited number of BeltStations can be registered to each BaseStation using shared resources.
RF Performance The CM-222 BaseStation is supplied with a single whip antenna (RP-TNC RF connector). On the rear is a RJ45 connector for a (optional) remote transceiver. The remote transceiver can be located up to 1500ft (450m) away from the BaseStation over CAT-5/6 cable with no loss of RF signal.
Tempest2400 Seamless Roaming The CM-222 BaseStations cover large areas with multiple zones by using Seamless Roaming. Seamless Roaming allows one or more Tempest2400 BeltStations to roam between as many as 16 different BaseStations (coverage areas or zones) without any intervention from the end user. BeltStations act as they normally do while roaming and there is no interruption of audio or control when a BaseStation switches from one BaseStation to another.
ZSync technology provides a zero sync reference that coordinates the hopping patterns of all connected BaseStations.ZSync ensures that there is a fixed relationship between all of the BaseStation radios, irrespective of random time variation in power up sequences.
Key Features and Benefits:
• 2-channel digital wireless BaseStation
• 2.4GHz, license free operation
• 2xTX redundant data transmission
• Lost Packet Concealment prevents “clicks” and “pops” when a data packet is lost
• Connect an unlimited number of BeltStations per BaseStation
• T-Desk software enables remote monitoring via LAN interface
• Optional Remote Transceiver extends antenna coverage up to 1500ft (450m) from BaseStation
Seamless Roaming Features:
• BaseStations provide seamless roaming zones
• Supports Normal, Shared and Split Modes
• Scalable architecture allows for seamless linked roaming zones
• Seamless handoffs between roaming zones – automatic
• Version Support for this feature: Hardware--v1.18 or higher and Software--v3.0 or higher
New Features in Version 3.0: • Call on TALK initiates a hardwired CALL(s) to the hardwired intercom when a BeltStation TALK button is pressed
• Program Volume Control available on each BeltStation
• CALL Button as a Relay Trigger
• 4-channel BeltStations Work on 2-channel BaseStations
• Single Listen Mode Option for 4-channel BeltStations
Click here for Tempest Base Station Firmware and T-Desk Software