The health and safety of the Clear-Com community is of paramount importance. While maintaining clean equipment is always recommended, there is an increased awareness lately due to the spread of COVID-19. This Technical Bulletin contains Clear-Com’s recommended best practices for cleaning and sanitizing our products. May you communicate in good health.
Cleaning and Sanitizing of Clear-Com Equipment
The following provides guidelines and recommendations for the routine cleaning and sanitizing of Clear-Com equipment. These guidelines apply to external equipment surfaces only and do not apply to internal electrical / electromechanical surfaces. Some external equipment surfaces may not be
accessible, such as small cracks and crevices, and, therefore, sanitization of the total surface area of equipment may not be attainable.
The Goal of Sanitization: According to the CDC, “sanitization” lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects to a safe level; it does not eradicate all germs.
- Safety: If possible, turn off equipment, and if applicable, disconnect user panels, belt packs, headsets, microphones or control stations before cleaning. Precautions should be taken when cleaning, such as wearing gloves and ensuring proper ventilation.
- Do Not Use: Harsh or abrasive cleaners of any kind as Clear-Com products contain materials and surfaces that may be damaged or deteriorate prematurely.
Cleaners to avoid:
- Nail Polish Remover or any Acetone-based Solution
- Glass Cleaner
- Ammonia-based Cleaners
- Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaners
- Bleach-based Cleaners
- Abrasive or Powered Cleaners
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Do Use: A solution of one-part Isopropyl Alcohol and one-part water (preferably distilled). Once alcohol concentrations drop below 50%, usefulness for sanitizing drops sharply. Notably, higher concentrations of alcohol don’t generate more desirable bactericidal, viricidal, or fungicidal properties.
- Proper Cleaning:
- If possible, Turn Off and Disconnect the device before you start cleaning and give it a wipe with a dry microfiber cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- DO NOT spray anything directly onto Clear-Com devices.
- As You Wipe the water-isopropyl solution should always be spritzed (sprayed) onto a microfiber cloth, then rubbed on the device. Make sure the cloth is damp but not wet.
- Take Care to avoid too much pressure and use a smooth, steady pressure to avoid damaging buttons, keys, displays or painted/unpainted surfaces.
- Replacement Accessory Parts:
- Replacement foam and leatherette ear pads for headsets, replacement foam microphone covers and disposable ear socks are available for purchase from Clear-Com.
NOTE: This Technical Bulletin is intended to serve as a practical guideline for keeping Clear-Com equipment clean and sanitized. Clear-Com does not claim or guarantee that cleaning and sanitizing Clear-Com equipment in this way will protect the user of the equipment from any virus, bacteria or other pathogen. Medical concerns should be directed to health care professionals.
Japanese Translation:Go Back