Question: What is the purpose of a “Beltpack Role” in Eclipse ECS/EHX (CellCom/FreeSpeak Integra)?
Answer: Beltpack Roles define the beltpack the same way that a label defines a key on a panel. Assigning a role to a beltpack has the effect of creating a label for it that can be referenced by other devices in the system such as a panel. The Beltpack Roles screen is only available if an antenna or splitter card has been configured in the matrix.
To create and edit beltpack roles:
1. Select the Beltpack Roles entry in the Setup menu to display the beltpack roles editor.
2. Next, select a port and click on the Type drop-down menu and select the entry “Beltpack Role”. This adds a new role entry on the selected port.
3. The Talk and Listen labels can be edited by placing the cursor in the box. Then, click to select the entry and edit the text.
4. To edit the description, position the cursor in the description box and select the text to edit.
5. Once the user has created a beltpack role, he or she can assign labels to the beltpack role from the panels menu in Eclipse ECS / EHX.
***Another way of looking at Beltpack Roles is similar to having different user logins for a PC. There is one hardware item, which is the beltpack, but you can create many roles (logins). Each role has different key assignments. The same beltpack can be logged into a separate role and get a distinct set of key assignments. This allows the same physical unit to be used by different operational groups (ex. lighting, sound, production…etc.) When you power up the beltpack, the user is shown a list of available roles and that individual can then scroll through the list to select the appropriate role.Go Back